Mombasa-island.com Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is part of, and covers the Mombasa-island.com website. Mombasa-island.com respects the privacy of all visitors of its website www.Mombasa-island.com and makes sure that all your personal data is treated confidentially. If you do not fully agree with this privacy statement, you should not use this website.
The data Mombasa-island.com processes can be placed into two categories:
- Personal data, which you fill in yourself on the booking form, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- 'Traffic data', such as your computer's IP address is logged and your surfing (habit) on the Mombasa-island.com website is monitored.
1. Personal data
- If you wish to book a hotel via our website, we will ask you for some personal data in order to identify you. This information is used to process and handle your booking and to e-mail you your booking status. We will only send you an e-mail in the following cases:
- As confirmation of booking / alteration or cancellation. After you have made a booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with all the information regarding your booking. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail after altering or cancelling your booking.
- To ask for your feedback about the hotel: A week or so after your stay in the hotel you will receive an e-mail requesting you to evaluate the hotel.
- To inform you about hotel specials, if you have registered to receive the e-mail newsletter. However, you can undo your registration at any time, by sending an e-mail to
or by using the link provided in the newsletter.
- If you have made a double booking, you will automatically receive an e-mail to check whether you do in fact want to make more than one booking.
- We will send you an e-mail, to remind you about your booking, a few days prior to your arrival date.
- We will also send you an e-mail if you do not take up your reservation without cancelling your booking or informing us in advance (i.e. a no-show).
The purpose of processing personal data
The purpose of processing personal data is to handle your booking and to improve the user-friendliness of this website. If you book a hotel through our website, your personal data is only ever used to handle your booking to the best of our abilities and to give us a picture of your hotel wishes. This information helps us to ensure that our website will meet the wishes of our website users. Personal data is only used for the above mentioned purposes.
Personal data security
Your booking will be made using a secure server. To do this we make use of secure technology, which encrypts all your personal and credit card details. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than your booking. The secure connection between your browser and our website is verified by VeriSign, a reputable standard in this field. The electronic certificate of VeriSign guarantees that you are only in contact with Mombasa-island.com and no one else. Any details you send will be encrypted for your security through the use of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. This way, your details cannot be intercepted or used for any purposes other than the transaction in question. You are able to see whether your browser has established a secure connection by checking for an icon (usually a locked padlock) at the bottom of your browser screen. In addition to this, the URL in the browser should start with https:// instead of http://.
Protecting your personal data
Mombasa-island.com takes its responsibility regarding the privacy of your details very seriously. Mombasa-island.com will use the correct technical and organisational measures to protect personal data. Mombasa-island.com will never pass on your personal data to third parties without your expressed permission, except:
- To the hotel with which you have made a booking. We will pass on booking information to the hotel with which you have booked a room.
- If Mombasa-island.com is legally bound to do so. Although Mombasa-island.com will do everything it can to safeguard the privacy of users of its website, Mombasa-island.com might be requested by law to provide information given to us by you when booking a hotel room. Mombasa-island.com may disclose your personal data, if it can be forced to do so under legal obligation, or in case it thinks in good faith that this course of action is necessary to a) cooperate with a legal procedure against Mombasa-island.com or its website; b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Mombasa-island.com, the website, or its users; c) to act in emergencies to protect the personal safety of users of Mombasa-island.com, the website or the community.
Mombasa-island.com reserves the right to obey legal regulations and rules with regard to your use of this website or information given by you to Mombasa-island.com or information collected with regard to your use of this website.
2. Traffic data
Traffic data is obtained by:
- Log files
We use log files, as most standard website servers do. In these log files we keep data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referral/closing pages, platform type, date/time info and the number of clicks for trend analysis, site management, tracing user movements in data collection, tracking problems with our servers and the collection of demographic data for general use. IP addresses and such likes, are not linked to personal data.
Mombasa-island.com reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If you have any questions and/or remarks with regard to this statement, please email